History of the Christian Health Center:
The Christian Health Center was established in 1997 for the expressed purpose of providing primary physical, mental and spiritual health care to the working uninsured of Ouachita County. Mrs. Mildred Mathis donated a single wide mobile home located on her property at the corner of Cash and California St. This was our home for 8 years. The center was initially staffed by volunteer medical professionals and one paid employee. Since that time the clinic has grown in many ways, the most recent being a move to a new , much larger facility in August of 2006.
In early 2005 Farmer’s Bank and Trust donated to the Christian Health Center it’s present building and we started a “Building for Health Campaign” to raise money to remodel the building. The community supported our campaign and we now have a medical center with three exam rooms, one dental operatory, lab, charitable pharmacy, conference room and office space.
The vision is not yet fulfilled. The Christian Health Center is medical home to over 1500 individuals and the number within our focus is over 6700 and increasing yearly. We have clinic on Wednesday afternoon to help meet the needs of the community. The Christian Health Center is grateful for your support as we move to the future.
The Christian Health Center:
is a member of the National Association of Free Clinics;
is a member of the Arkansas Association of Charitable Clinics;
is CLIA waived certified for in-house testing;
holds a Charitable Pharmacy License from the State of Arkansas Pharmacy Board;
is a member of the Camden Chamber of Commerce;
is a member of AHOC (A Healthy Ouachita County)
Board of Directors:
Dr. Larry Braden, Chairman of the Board Janda Lindsey, Treasurer
Marth Smith, Secretary Janet Beaver
Janda Lindsey Adam O’Dell
Nick Moseley Ed Winters
Dyan Braden Amy Perrin
Dr. Larry Braden, Director of Medical Health
Dr. Mark Pickett, Director of Dental Health
Will Vail, Director of Building & Maintenance